The Advantages of Corrugated Packaging Materials
Corrugated paper was patented in England in the 1850s and corrugated boxes were originally used for packing glass and other fragile materials. Nowadays, corrugated packing materials are widely used for storing and transportation and are ideal for packing fragile and heavy goods. Due to the concerns for the preservation of the environment, corrugated boxes are now produced by eco-friendly materials. They are also widely used in grocery shops and by manufacturers for packing fresh fruits and vegetables.
Corrugated cardboard is produced through processes which cause their high burst, stretch and resistance to tear. Corrugated boxes are also known as brown ones and they differ significantly from the standard cardboard boxes. The cardboard of the corrugated box consists of three or more layers of sheets. The cardboard layers are the so called outer lining of the box, whereas the inner one consists of a hard material, which is what makes those boxes so sturdy and damage resistant. The material acts as cushioning and protects the items inside from shocks or jolts during transportation or carrying. This is due to the layers of air columns in the cardboard. The final layer consists of sheets or corrugated packaging which guarantees durability of the sheet and preserves items in the case of heavy pressure. The combination of strength, efficient cushioning-effect and shock resistance makes corrugated boxes one of the best packing materials - great for storing and transportation. The major raw material which is used in the making of the corrugated packaging sheets is from pine trees. The multiple layers are attached to one another through a strong adhesive.
Corrugated packaging material is widely used for packaging and storing, due to its advantages:
• Corrugated packaging supplies are made of recycled cardboard boxes. This means you are not only choosing an eco-friendly material, but you can also buy a great packing tool for a minimum cost.
• Corrugated packing material doesn't have sharp edges which could harm you or your family while packing your items. This makes it quite easy and safe to use.
• As it was mentioned above, boxes and sheets made of corrugated material are environmentally friendly, being made of recycled paper. Furthermore, raw materials which are used in the manufacturing process are organic, so you don't need to be worried about their disposal.
• The outer surfaces of the corrugated boxes are smooth and you can paint them easily. This feature is used in two useful ways: first, you can label these boxes easily and you can also print on them, thus utilizing them for various marketing purposes.
• Boxes made of corrugated material are sold with a guarantee which ensures a long term use and strength.
You can easily buy quality corrugated packaging supplies online and even receive a good discount, especially if you buy in bulks. The most common supplies made of corrugated materials are boxes and sheets, but you can also find labels, fasteners, straps, stretch wrappers and other materials available on the market.
Corrugated paper has been widely manufactured for the purposes of storage and packing since the beginning of the 20th century and the processes of producing corrugated materials have been developed to a level of high efficiency. The quality control is strong and the future of corrugated production sees the growing use of recycled material only, instead of pine trees. Nowadays, developers are producing innovative containers and individuals and businesses trust corrugated sheets and boxes for a variety of tasks.