The Most Stressful Stages of a House Removal
Are you facing a house removal and starting to stress out about more than you should? There are some things that make a house move one of the toughest experiences in a person's life and one of the most memorable too. Why is that? A house removal is more than just the physical process of relocating all of your belongings, clearing out the clutter and emptying the house completely. It is a big process with many stages, each important in its own way, requiring thought and preparation.
Knowing what to expect from a house move is a great initial step. Being aware of how the process goes and the little things that need extra attention will help you stay focused and organised. By knowing the most stressful steps in advance, you can look for ways to avoid the stress and frustration which can slow down the process and make it look like an impossible task. Here are the basic steps that are the most stressful ones for families who are relocating:
1. Taking the inventory. This is a hard process which takes time and careful consideration. You will actually need to decide what to take to the new house and what to leave behind. Going through all your belongings and getting rid of some of them is not the easiest of tasks, but it needs to be done. Be honest about the items that you actually use and don't pack and move unused or unwanted items.
2. Choosing the removals company. This is quite a stressful task for many reasons. First of all, your choice will inevitably be determined by your budget. Second of all, if you can't afford to pay for some of the services, you will most probably have to tackle the packing on your own. Third of all, it is hard to find a reputable company that won't lie to you or charge you extra for all sorts of things on moving day.
3. Packing. Definitely the hardest stage of every move as it involves lots of physical energy. Making sure that you have the right packing material and you know what you are doing will make all the difference though. With the right help, packing room by room and box by box, you can manage to complete the job within a few days.
4. Moving day. One of the reasons that the day of relocating is so stressful is because there is a lot going on and a lot to look out for. One of these things is ensuring that you are absolutely ready for the move, there is enough space for the moving truck to park, your boxes are ready, but not sealed yet and you have ensured an easy access to your house. As long as you take care of these things, the risk for being charged extra will be much smaller.
5. The unpacking. Since everyone will be tired after the moving day, the unpacking and organising of the home may look like a true nightmare. However, this can also be one of the most exciting times for you and your family. Turning the empty house into your new home and making it feel welcoming and cozy is a great thing.
Keep in mind these possibly most stressful stages of your house removal and try to work with this knowledge, not against it.