Preparing Yourself When Moving Houses
Your move can be much more stressful if you prepare yourself well before the move. So once you know when you intend to finally move, you have to start preparing yourself for the move with these tips.
1. If you are in a rented place, you have to inform your landlord at least a month ahead. Also inform gas, electrical and telephone companies to organise disconnection and connection of a line.
2. A fortnight from the move, you have to start collecting packing materials, book a removal company or van and if required, get some transit insurance for the move. This is the right time to start informing the required people, the Local Authority and the Post Office about your move.
3. You can also start planning your new home to decide which rooms to use. If required, organise someone to take care of your kids and pets and start packing.
4. Make sure you pay final bills a week before your move and cancel all your services like newspaper delivery and milkman. This is the right time to confirm all your arrangements with utility companies and for the exchange of keys. You can also start the cleaning of the house.
5. Labeling of boxes with the final packing has to be done a day before the move. Keep a container ready for emergency supplies whilst packing. Don't forget defrosting your fridge and freezer and complete your house cleaning.
6. Finally, on the day of the move, you have to disconnect all your electrical appliances and check all delivered containers. Then you have to close and lock all doors and windows and take a final last check of your home.
With this plan in mind, you find your move to be much easier and less stressful than anticipated.